[BBLISA] Rent/Borrow Fluke or similar for Cat6 horizontal testing

Edward Ned Harvey (bblisa4) bblisa4 at nedharvey.com
Fri May 31 15:16:49 EDT 2013

> From: Bob Webber [mailto:webber at panix.com]
>
> If that's your idea of reasonable test gear, it's not surprising that you think
> that you need access to both ends of the cable and that using two laptops is
> better than using proper test equipment.

I am telling you, after the contractors used professional equipment, it's not uncommon that I still find problems, and the most reliable way to test it is in fact with ethernet cards.  Because that's what you care about using anyway.

> Will you please do everybody a favour, and particularly do your own
> reputation a favour, and stop posting about network subjects on this list?
> *snip*

The personal attack is not only complete bullshit, also completely inappropriate and not permitted on this list.  Go back under your bridge.