[BBLISA] colo

Edward Ned Harvey bblisa4 at nedharvey.com
Fri Apr 13 10:26:10 EDT 2012

I use RS and AWS plenty, haven't used slicehost...  So I'm certainly
familiar with the cloud service offerings.

Present situation is like this:  I have a new client, who represents one
half of a failed partnership, that is ending on sensitive but peaceful
terms.  Unfortunately, the servers are being hosted from the other guy's
basement.  Without incurring the typical 3-6 week leadtime of installing a
network, we need to move those servers to neutral (and secure and
accessible) territory.  A brief interruption of service while moving
physical servers is acceptable.  Leaving the service down more than a few
hours is unacceptable.

The servers contain medical and personal information, so that might be a
legal obstacle in terms of considering any cloud services.