[BBLISA] Last night's IPv6 talk

Patrick Cable pc at pcable.net
Mon May 17 10:44:00 EDT 2010

On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 9:19 AM, Edward Ned Harvey
<bblisa3 at nedharvey.com> wrote:
>> From: Dean Anderson [mailto:dean at av8.com]
>>
>> Oh, well there's the problem. ;-) (I have to use outlook at BofA, too,
>> so I feel the pain...)
>
> Dean, I don't get you.  What was the point of this?

I'd venture to guess that it's because a lot of people in our field
use Outlook unwillingly.

Since the audience of this list is mostly system administrators - I'd
even guess mostly unix admins (but I'm not 100% on that), I'd also
venture to guess it's a sentiment that many of us share. If you like
Outlook, more power to you. It doesn't really fit in my workflow, and
it'd fit even worse in a command line only workflow that many of my
peers use. Eh, whatever.

> And Exchange is my favorite mail
> server.  I have never found anything else that satisfies my needs or
> performs reliably, with cross-platform availability.  I have tried many
> different things.

You piqued my interest here. I'm not one to argue over semantics
usually, but, unless you're using the calendaring stuff in Exchange
(file under 'satisfies my needs' and perhaps under 'not just a mail
server')... how does any other mail server *not* perform reliably with
cross-platform availability?

> It's not a conversation worth having.

Well, curiosity killed the cat, and I'm willing to be the cat here.