[BBLISA] A summary: emergency pagers

Internaut at Large dkap at mailhost.haven.org
Thu Mar 18 11:22:54 EDT 2010

Greetings,

Something occurred to me in reading this.

Is there any reason why we can't use text-to-speech?  I mean, have
Nagios call phones, and read the error, or play a pre-recorded error
message over the voice-line, and listen for a response?  ("Hit 1 to
acknowledge you are on the problem, Hang up, or hit 2 to pass this on to
the next person in the tree." or the like.)

Especially with VoIP so common nowadays ...

Just thinking of the future,
-dkap