[BBLISA] Odd Rsync Behavior...

Aaron D. Ball adb at enki.net
Fri Jan 9 16:42:39 EST 2009

Richard,

rsync does an initial scan of the filesystems it's synchronizing, then
actually goes through and transfers the files.  Expect a warning if
another process changes source or destination files in any way while
rsync is running---and watch out for multiple rsyncs stepping on each
other, especially if you're running it from a cron job;  I usually
write a wrapper script that gets a lock to ensure that only one backup
job runs at a time.

If the files aren't changing at all, perhaps there is something funky
going on with your NFS mount?  I don't use OS X as an NFS client very
much, so perhaps someone else could comment on that aspect.

--
Aaron D. Ball <aarondball at gmail.com>