[BBLISA] Re: datacenter for compute cluster?

Thomas F. Traugott ttraugott at crgwest.com
Wed Jun 4 22:58:30 EDT 2008

Chris,

We opened our new data center in November of last year, ample space and power, and we're tripling capacity in a few weeks with the completion of our Phase II.  If you're drawing fully on both circuits we probably want to distribute across 2 cabinets, our typical install is 150-200 watts/sf, or 4.5-6 kW per cabinet/rack.

RE: high density deployments, we're about to accommodate one using APC's InRow cooling system, ties into our central chilled water loop.  10 kW draw cabinets.  With spot cooling and existing systems we top out at 8kW for the most part.

Power is metered +50% to cover cooling, even at the cabinet level.

16 carriers for network/bandwidth options as well.

Cheers,

Tom
Thomas F. Traugott
Vice President | CRG West, LLC
70 Innerbelt | Somerville, Massachusetts 02143
M 917.769.0301 | D 617.629.2823 | F 617.507.0437
ttraugott at crgwest.com | http://www.crgwest.com

- CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE -
The information contained in this transmission is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. If you are not the intended recipient of this information, do not review, retransmit, disclose, disseminate, use, or take any action in reliance upon, this information. If you received this transmission in error, please contact the sender and destroy all printed copies and delete the material from all computers.