[BBLISA] storevault / netapp

Jon Young jon at network-plumbers.com
Mon Feb 25 09:48:11 EST 2008

> Any of you guys own a storevault?  Although it's a netapp
> product, storevault is only a recent acquire of netapp, so
> it's not the "usual"
> sales/support group.
I've bought a few of them in my previous position and as a consultant.
I've been very pleased with the product although I've found a
significantly higher than expected failure rate on the drives.  Support
and pre-sales support has been horrendous at best.  The storevault seems
capable of a great deal more than advertised by ssh'ing in and
configuring things in ontap like any other netapp.