[BBLISA] windows disk diagnostics

Edward Ned Harvey bblisa2 at nedharvey.com
Sun Feb 3 09:25:19 EST 2008

> I don't think I have another disk big enough to fit its entire
> contents, so I can't just move it and reformat it.  Although I could
> always buy another 500G drive, swap it into my external enclosure and
> do it.

If you assume your drive is bad, look into drive RMA, and satisfy the
diagnostic criteria of the manufacturer to return the drive as defective,
most manufacturers will offer you some capacity to receive an advance
replacement, so you can (hopefully) transfer data directly from your old
drive to the new one, before returning the old one.