[BBLISA] windows disk diagnostics

Eric Smith esmithphoto at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 12:50:32 EST 2008

I'm actually not confident that the drive is physically going, but
certainly something isn't right.  Which is why I'm looking for tools
that will repair the Filesystem along with something that will check
the physical media.  The first is just something that I think would be
good (I'm betting that there are better tools out there than scandisk)
and would use on a regular basis.  The other... well, it could be
handy, even if I don't want to have to use it.

I'll poke around today in what I can get from that SMART utility and
go from there.  I don't know if Seagate has that program, but I have
heard of others who have gotten a drive sent before the old is
returned (with a pending charge on the credit card to secure the drive
just in case.)  The drive is still under warranty so there is no issue
there if I have to go the RMA route.

Eric