[BBLISA] windows disk diagnostics

Eric Smith esmithphoto at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 19:25:08 EST 2008

Thanks for the quick response....
I should include more info.
It was not my boot drive, so the system comes up fine.  I just checked
the other drives and they seem fine (in case the issue was case-heat
related.)
The troublesome drive is an NTFS formatted 500G hard disk (used only for data.)
The drive was ordered in June of last year - it's a Segate ST3500630AS
so I'm sure it supports SMART.  I'll go find a SMART utility and see
what it says (on all the drives.)

I don't think I have another disk big enough to fit its entire
contents, so I can't just move it and reformat it.  Although I could
always buy another 500G drive, swap it into my external enclosure and
do it.  They are not *that* expensive (and I could use it as a second
backup afterwards.)  But I do have two other 250G backups in USB cases
so I've got everything backed from before... the beginning of 2006 on
other drives.

I'll look into that utility, thanks.

Eric