[BBLISA] Suggestions for maintaining a RHEL update repository?

randy cole randyokc at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 14:12:21 EST 2008

I haven't used RHN/up2date in quite a while, but these directions from
Carl Reynolds seem sensible:

    "Since you are using up2date, you could also run
        up2date-config
        --> Retrieval/Installation
        check "After installation, keep binary packages on disk"

    This will cause up2date to keep any rpms it downloads in your "Package
    storage directory" (usually /var/spool/up2date).

    You can then copy these to the other machines or tell them to look on
    the machine you're running as the repository and update their own
    systems from there. "

Randy