[BBLISA] Suggestions for maintaining a RHEL update repository?

Paul Beltrani spamgrinder at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 14:01:38 EST 2008

We have a large number of Cent/RHEL systems which we maintain with
Cobbler, Puppet and YUM.  For  performance, security and control
reasons we maintain local mirrors of the package repositories.  This
is extremely easy to do for CentOS.  A simple "reposync" or "cobbler
reposync" in a cron job keeps our local repository up to date.
Unfortunately, there doesn't appear to be a simple way to do this for
our Red Hat systems.

I'm aware of RHN/up2date/Satellite, but these aren't appropriate in
this instance for several reasons which I will not waste time on here.

Does anyone have a suggestions how to do this?  If I can't find
anything simple, we'll most likely fall back to just pulling down the
ISOs at every point release.

  - Paul Beltrani