[BBLISA] Suggestions for maintaining a RHEL update repository?

Dean Anderson dean at av8.com
Tue Dec 23 14:52:55 EST 2008

If you rsync your repositories, doesn't that eliminate any security and
control considerations?  I mean, you'll get whatever they offer,
overwriting what you had before, anyway.  If that's the case, then its
just a matter of performance, and so can't you just spider their updates
directory with wget and xslt your own yum repo files on the contents
downloaded?

Of course, I'm too conservative in my updates to do any of that, though.
Is it time to upgrade from RH6.2??? Is there a stable kernel for 2.4
yet? <grin shteating=yes/>

;-)  ;-P

		--Dean