[BBLISA] Galaxy Internet Services?

David Allan dave at dpallan.com
Wed May 30 21:18:06 EDT 2007

I used GIS DSL for about a year in 2000-2001.  My recollection is that
they were excellent at first, but that the underlying DSL provider went
bust, and the replacement was problematic.  I gave up the account about
that time, as I moved to an area with Comcast which had better download
speeds at the time, so I don't remember what the resolution actually was.

I will second Bob's comment about Comcast being satisfactory or better.
I have used them since 2001 in four locations and have never had a
problem.  I don't monitor my connectivity any more, but I have not noticed
an outage, which is what matters to me.  I have never called their tech
support, but the installers (3 different ones now) have always arrived in
their promised window and gotten things running on the first try.  I do
not, however, run servers, so I cannot speak to inbound port blocking.

Dave