[BBLISA] NFS lock problem between Mac OS X and netapp (amongothers)

Joshua Putnam Joshua.Putnam at intersystems.com
Wed Jun 13 16:41:29 EDT 2007

At our midsize software company, we have worked around numerous NFS
locking issues (and other NFS issues) with networking Macs into our NFS
environment.  Some of the issues seem to be related to the non-standard
NFS packet size used by OSX.

I concur that these issues are more prevalent in 10.3 and earlier than
in 10.4 and later.  Also, we had more problems connecting OSX NFS to
Netapp storage than any other platform.

The following may be helpful:

http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20031028005216891

This page has a Linux patch that is supposed to resolve Linux/OSX NFS
problems:

http://client.linux-nfs.org/Linux-2.4.x/2.4.23-rc1/

This page links to Linux patches, as well as a patch for the rpc.lockd
on the OSX host:

http://nic.phys.ethz.ch/readme/82

Hope this helps!

:)