[BBLISA] NFS lock problem between Mac OS X and netapp (among others)

Steve Revilak srevilak at speakeasy.net
Tue Jun 12 22:24:54 EDT 2007

> Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 08:27:13 -0700
> From: Cameron Moredock
> Subject: [BBLISA] NFS lock problem between Mac OS X and netapp (among others)
>
> Sorry to write you on this, but did you by any chance figure out a solution
> to the NFS locking issues on Mac OS X? We have a similar issue with non-BSD
> style NFS servers.

I few months (?) ago, I mentioned having issues with nfs between Mac
OS X <-> Linux.  This came up in the context of a discussion about
iSCSI.

At that time, our biggest (NFS) pain point was FC3 being an NFS client
to MacOS X 10.3.  It wouldn't hold up under even moderate I/O --
forget, say, doing compiles across an nfs mount.

These days, we've moved on to CentOS 4 and Mac OS 10.4.  That's has
been a much more solid combination.  But I haven't paid close enough
attention to know which OS vendor to thank.

Is that the issue you were referring to?

Steve