[BBLISA] Streaming audio from CentOS 4.4?

Scott Ehrlich scott at MIT.EDU
Wed Feb 14 08:34:58 EST 2007

I have a vhf/uhf scanner at home I want to pipe the audio from into a PC's
mic connection and listen at work.

After a lot of trial and error last night trying to get things to work, I
finally gave up and went to sleep.  This morning, I performed a last-ditch
attempt for Windows streaming server, came across Windows Media Encoder
from Microsoft's site, installed it on my XP Home laptop, and in minutes,
was up and streaming.

Not a Linux solution, but I wanted to report how I got things working.

Scott