[BBLISA] Streaming audio from CentOS 4.4?

Nathan Faust nfaust at merchantwarehouse.com
Tue Feb 13 09:34:45 EST 2007

Scott,

Which end of the audio stream are you wanting to the Linux box to be?
Are you looking to use CentOS as your audio stream server or to play the
audio.

If you looking for audio output, there are multiple audio players (x11
and command line) for Linux that can connect to Ogg sources.  Some
suggestions are: for x11, xmms with ogg plugin, and command line ogg123

As for stream server, it looks like Icecast has a linux port or more
likely it was linux based and then ported to Windows.

Look at this page: http://www.icecast.org/3rdparty.php
It lists applications which media players support Icecast streams and
source clients with platform information.

Nathan.
Nathan Faust
Systems Administrator :: Merchant Warehouse
2 International Place, 4th Floor Boston, MA 02110
P:  617.895.5558   F:  800.494.8602