[BBLISA] Anyone using Cisco Catalyst 6000 or 4000 series or 3524XL

Bob Keyes bob at sinister.com
Tue May 23 18:28:25 EDT 2006

A fellow I share my office with has a test he needs to perform on a
router. Basically, he wants to test to see if his unit will work off of
Cisco power-over-ethernet of the older type. The type of PoE he needs to
test is called "Inline power" (as opposed to another type of Cisco or the
newer 802.3af standard)

These use modules for the 4000 or 6000, modelsWS-X6348 or WS-X4148-RJ45E

Or, 3524XL with it built in: model WS-C3524-PWR

All he'd have to do is plug his PoE module in and see if the unit powers
up.

If you can help, drop him some email at dclaffey at jjplus.com
He'll give you free cookies or something!

Thanks,
Bob