[BBLISA] iSCSI - opinions / experiences?

Paul Beltrani spamgrinder at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 13:26:10 EDT 2006

On 6/15/06, David Allan <dave at dpallan.com> wrote:
> Going back to the question of experience, has anybody on the list actually
> implemented iSCSI?  If so, what OS was the initiator and what did you use
> for targets?  How easy was it to set up, and how stable was the result?

I wll add my recommendation for the EqualLogic product.  see:
http://www.equallogic.com/

If you're looking for something to start experimenting with check out
the UNH iSCSI implementation for Linux:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/unh-iscsi/  They have both an
initiator and a target.

Fairly easy to setup and stable enough for the testing and development
I was doing at the time.  i.e. I never had it crash/lockup but I
wasn't pushing it to the wall.

  - Paul Beltrani