Equallogic LUN limit? (Was: [BBLISA] iSCSI - opinions / experiences?)

Brian O'Neill oneill at oinc.net
Fri Jun 16 13:37:06 EDT 2006

Given so many people seem to be using Equallogic equipment...I'm
relaying this for our Windows group.

They are implementing an equallogic iSCSI SAN with Windows 2003 hosts
(I'm not up on the terminology - these are the client systems -
initiators?) with I'm told Equallogic arrays on the back end (targets?).

There seems to be a limit to the number of LUNs that can be attached -
14 is fine, but if you try and attach a 15th LUN, Windows BSODs.

Has anyone seen this and found a solution? It's driving them nuts and
they can't find anything that says there is any sort of limitation.

-Brian