[BBLISA] local vendors for Intel servers?

stephen wadlow sgw at wadlow.net
Wed Apr 26 09:43:04 EDT 2006

That sounds more like bad luck with motherboards instead of a vendor
problem.   It could have been a design flaw
or a bad run of boards.   It's not unusual with disks, but not
unheard of with other components.

I've done well with PCFE, and have dozens of rackmount servers from
them.   Service is _much_ different if you
approach the place as a business, and establish a relationship,
instead of walking in off the street.   Sure, I've had
problems, but that's true of any vendor, really, and they try hard to
fix problems when they come up.

Note that PCFE is closing their cambridge store.   Apparently there
are developers who want that space, and the walk-in
business has become an incredibly small amount of their business as
they've focused on corporate clients.  There is
probably more info on their webpage.

					steve