[BBLISA] I need a colocation for 10 or perhaps 12 1U machines

Dean Anderson dean at av8.com
Thu Dec 2 09:47:04 EST 2004

On Wed, 1 Dec 2004, Sean Lutner wrote:

> My email is hosted, and I have no control over what my provider chooses
> to use as filtering methods.

Sure you control. That is after all, what the ECPA says: That your
provider isn't allowed to do whatever they feel like with your email.

> I am however happy with my hosting. I do actually know all about MAPS
> and people's issues with it.

Ah, so you have drunk the coolaid, and now you want to lure in
unsuspecting victims without having someone pointing that out.  Welcome to
the world of consumer reports.

> I don't know Paul Vixie from my dog, and I don't care who is on his
> list.  I also don't care who *isn't* on his list.

But you recommend it, just the same.

> I actually know someone on the list, and he's neither a supporter or
> detractor of Paul or his views.

I suspect that if he's on Paul's list, that he isn't a detractor. And I
don't think you get on Paul's personal list for the hell of it.

> Again, the topic of this thread was someone asking for hints towards
> colocation. I offered what I thought might be a useful link to someone
> who asked. You then came along and pulled the thread into some stupid
> personal ranting opinion mode that no one needs to read. If you didn't
> like the link I offered for whatever reason, maybe you could have been
> adult enough to just ignore and move on with your life.

I didn't "pull the thread" anywhere. You offered a site that promotes a
particularly extreme agenda, and has some very extreme views. You just
admitted you know about that, but you didn't reveal that to your "victim".
I merely pointed out their views, which no doubt are important to people
looking for services.  That's a legitimate criticism.

617 344 9000