[BBLISA-announce] This month's meeting

Adam S. Moskowitz adamm at menlo.com
Fri Feb 6 08:13:43 EST 2004

Wednesday, February 11th
MIT E51-145
7:00 to 9:30 p.m.
(door prizes at 7:25)

    A Brief Introduction to Bioinformatics for Sysadmins

    Bill Van Etten, Ph.D.
    The BioTeam

Bill will talk about bioinformatics, some of the common BIFX
applications, a bit about the science behind them, and a little on
how/why bioinformaticists use these applications. Bill will also present
a brief introduction to BioTeam's IBT, an informatics benchmarking tool.

Bill really knows his stuff, and is very good at explaining it to people
who don't have a background in molecular biology. I encourage everyone
to come hear this talk; after all, greater Boston has one of the highest
concentrations of genomics/biotech companies in the world, so landing a
job at such a place could easily be in your future.

As is starting to become a tradition, we'll have door prizes again this
month. Bring a business card to throw in the "hat."

For more details see our web site:

    http://www.bblisa.org/

See you on Wednesday!

AdamM