[BBLISA] MBR that reboots machine

Paul Beltrani spamgrinder at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 14:20:34 EDT 2016

Personally, I'd go with the thumb drive solution.  They're cheap in bulk
and it's a simple fix.  However, that doesn't answer your question.

Re rebooting directly from MBR
I can't think of anything that runs completely out of the MBR.  (Perhaps
the original version of GRUB?  It's been too long and I don't recall.)
While GRUB2 looks for configs/menus in a boot partition, it is FOSS and you
may be able to modify it to simply do a system reset.  See
https://www.gnu.org/software/grub/

  -- Paul Beltrani