[BBLISA] ISPs with p=reject DMARC policies?

Steven M Jones smj at crash.com
Tue Oct 4 19:01:08 EDT 2016

On 10/04/16 12:59, John Miller wrote:
> What I am curious about is if any other ISPs have taken up the
> p=reject gauntlet in the past year or so.  I haven't seen any big news
> about it, but I'm not touching mail servers on a daily basis.  Any of
> you who are: are their other ISPs we need to be concerned with other
> than Yahoo and AOL?

Probably not yet, if you're just looking at North America. A number of
mailbox providers of one type or another around the world have done
similar things in the past two years - Mail.ru, LaPoste.net in France -
and some in the US (GMail) have said they'll follow suit... soon.

I expect "soon" to be defined when the ARC protocol
(http://arc-spec.org) or something similar has implementations available
in the field. It's very close, but it isn't quite there yet.

In the meantime the Mailman list manager offers several workarounds for
these situations in version 2.1.19 and later, but people are
understandably irritated when those options mean changing the behavior
of an existing list. Others take umbrage at the workarounds themselves.
(Example: changing the address portion of the From: header to be the
list address instead of the original author.)

Configuring a list so that it doesn't make changes that break DKIM
signatures from the original author's domain would obviate the need for
all this, but people like their subject tags and footers...

--Steve.

"Chaos will ensue if the variable i is altered..." - SysV Programmers Guide