[BBLISA] August (un)Meeting Announcement 08/10 @ MIT E51-145

Nick Cammorato nick.cammorato at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 21:31:16 EDT 2016

Hi again everyone,

We will be having a meeting next Wednesday, August 10th at MIT E51-145
(Tang Center, Classroom 145 - aka same bat time, same bat channel). As
per the previous email I'm changing the format up a bit and doing a
bit of an unconference thing - kind of a one-room breakout session.

The announcement, if you aren't on meetup, is here:
http://www.meetup.com/BBLISA/events/232526716

The tinified/socialized link for the truly brave is: http://meetu.ps/2YPR96

And for those who wisely do not click links in email the relevant bits
as to how this all will work is:
We'll be spending the first 30 minutes (7:00 to 7:30) or so letting
people file in(as per normal), hang out, and put topics up on the
chalkboard. If there's too much, we'll spend a few minutes to let
people go up and put a check next to what they want to hear about as a
way to sound out interest. We'll play the amount of content a bit by
ear, but no less than one hour and no more than 2 hours. I'll timekeep
and facilitate.

And topics: anything of interest to this community.

This isn't in the announcement, but, there was sufficient interest
that with a normal rate of attrition it looks like we'll have a pretty
good number of topics - as in at least an hours worth p. much
guaranteed. So we will be meeting in August!

If this goes well, I'll likely do it again (although not exclusively
unless something silly happens like we blow out the space capacity
consistently) - if it doesn't, I'll go back to trying to come up with
clever-ish permutations and attending enough things to book enough
speakers to keep the tree filled.

Cheers!
--Nick