[BBLISA] cloud alerting services and/or sms modem?

Rob Taylor rgt at wi.mit.edu
Mon Aug 1 18:17:44 EDT 2016

Hey guys. Thanks for all the replies. I appreciate it. For the people out there that have used/recommended an SMS modem
do you have a make/model that you could recommend? I have seen that there are some that are lan based vs serial based, which could be useful for multiple systems being
able to use it. (Although I could probably hang a serial based one off a terminal server and make use of it that way).
Let me know which models you have used. Also, are there cmda vs gsm ones? And, what carrier plan do you get for the sms modem, since it will only ever text?

Thanks.

rgt

Whitehead Network/System Administrator