[BBLISA] note organizing for Mac?

Theo Van Dinter felicity at kluge.net
Fri Oct 2 11:42:13 EDT 2015

It depends what you mean by "notes".

For most things, I have a text file (stored in Google Drive) where I keep a
log of things I've worked on, bug and ticket numbers, shipping information,
small snippets of code/etc that are useful for some reason, code reviews,
etc. I try to use a standard format for a lot of this stuff ("reviewed CL
### for {user}, what the CL was doing", "for future reference:
{terse/keyword description of code snippet} {code snippet}", "b/####, did
x, y, and z for this bug blah blah blah"). Standard vim search then works
pretty well.

If my notes are something I want to share with others or want others to
comment on, I'll use Google Docs.

fwiw, we also do weekly "snippets" to share what we've been doing with
others, so I skim my full log and summarize into highlights for the
snippets report. When we then do performance reviews, I can go through and
summarize the snippets to figure out what I did in the past 6/12 months.