[BBLISA] Notes on RAID recovery Re: Whatever happened to Seagate?

F. O. Ozbek ozbek at gmx.com
Thu May 7 19:47:29 EDT 2015

On 05/07/2015 12:41 PM, Rich Braun wrote:
> I don't know what year I'll go SSD but I do know this: I will never have to
> buy Seagate again.  Thank goodness.
>
> -rich

I think this is little harsh.
It is true that Seagate produced some unreliable models
in the recent past but I am not sure its record is
that much different than Western Digital.
It is best to wait for a while after a new model comes
out and try to figure out what other people are saying about
that particular model number.
You can also run your own tests
if you are a large enough shop to justify your in house testing.

F. O. Ozbek