[BBLISA] Experience with docker?

couch at cs.tufts.edu couch at cs.tufts.edu
Wed May 6 08:31:41 EDT 2015

I might add that what makes Docker useful for us is that we can deal with rather complex configuration management requirements -- including several version-locked interlocking subsystems -- without changing the host OS.

But I might add that this is “survival of that which fits.”

The main reason we use Docker is that it is literally too difficult for our developers to build the run/test configuration unassisted. This means that any work we can do for them -- through docker -- is definitely worth it, even though that work can be involved, especially in interfacing host/guest OS resources.

Alva L. Couch
Assoc. Prof. of Computer Science
Tufts University
Medford, MA 02155