[BBLISA] Experience with docker?

couch at cs.tufts.edu couch at cs.tufts.edu
Tue May 5 15:29:50 EDT 2015

We are heavily using Docker as a development platform for an extremely complex project (180,000 lines of python, 10 developers, complex system requirements). For that, it is ideal,

but

a) avoid boot2docker for Windows…. just run it in Linux… we learned to do that eventually.

b) it takes significant time to make a container work perfectly… and it’s worth it.

We are not using Docker in production; we use it to make exact clones of development

environments. This is not a trivial task; we have one person who spends a considerable amount of time rolling out changes and keeping the development containers running.

Alva L. Couch
Assoc. Prof. of Computer Science
Tufts University
Medford, MA 02155