[BBLISA] Whatever happened to Seagate?

Nahum Shalman nahamu+bblisa at gmail.com
Tue May 5 13:47:44 EDT 2015

We used to buy a lot of Seagate and we still buy them for things that
aren't 24x7x365.
For that we've largely shifted towards HGST based on recommendations from
people and companies running far more spindles than we do.
And of course, use ZFS whenever possible, have good backups, yadda yadda
yadda.
http://dtrace.org/blogs/wesolows/2014/02/20/on-disk-failure/ is a good read
if you have the time for it.

-Nahum