[BBLISA] Looking for FDE single system windows 8

Edward Ned Harvey (bblisa4) bblisa4 at nedharvey.com
Fri Jan 23 15:44:33 EST 2015

> From: bblisa [mailto:bblisa-bounces at bblisa.org] On Behalf Of John P.
> Rouillard

If available, I would say bitlocker #1.  And otherwise I would say truecrypt, unless you need things like central management, multiple user accounts, etc.

If you haven't used bitlocker yet, you're missing out.  The one and only catch is to make sure you keep the recovery key somewhere safe (automatically saved in AD preferably) because if you ever do a firmware upgrade or motherboard replacement, then you'll need it.  Unless you are aware and plan for it and temporarily disable bitlocker during the firmware/hardware upgrade (remember to re-enable afterward, which serves the purpose of re-keying).