[BBLISA] Mail forwarding providers?

Steven M Jones smj at crash.com
Tue Jan 13 19:01:40 EST 2015

On 01/13/2015 02:24 PM, John Miller wrote:
> We're in the process of retiring our Alumni department's MX.  It's
> basically just a forward-only server; any suggestions for an external
> provider who can handle ~20k forwards at a reasonable rate?

I don't have a suggestion for a provider, but I would suggest making
sure that any service you select forwards the messages unaltered.

Forwarding services usually don't play well with SPF, but too many
alumni/affiliate forwarding services break DKIM signatures as well,
whether by design or accident (footers, reformatting, etc). At the bank
I worked for until recently, we would routinely see large university
alumni forwarding traffic failing all authentication and being
quarantined or blocked. (This was for useful things like account
activity/overdraft alerts, not just marketing.)

So I'd recommend using a service that doesn't break DKIM signatures, if
you can avoid it.

--Steve.