[BBLISA] Mail forwarding providers?

Daniel Feenberg feenberg at nber.org
Tue Jan 13 18:56:26 EST 2015

On Tue, 13 Jan 2015, John Miller wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> We're in the process of retiring our Alumni department's MX.  It's
> basically just a forward-only server; any suggestions for an external
> provider who can handle ~20k forwards at a reasonable rate?  No need
> for actual mailboxes; this would just be a forward-only provider.

How do you avoid being tagged as a spammer when you do this? We forward a
lot of mail for users, after refusing the spam we can identify, however
enough spam gets through for Gmail to complain from time-to-time and
throttle us. I'd be interested in how a larger operation can still work.
Any secrets?

Daniel Feenberg
NBER