[BBLISA] Most common (or Most important) privacy leaks

Paul Beltrani spamgrinder at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 10:41:28 EST 2015

It's tough to change that kind of behaviour.  If you're at an
organization that's large enough, the internal auditors and / or legal
team can be helpful.  They usually have the mandate to provide
guidance and training in that area, especially if the business is
required to comply with regulations like HIPAA or certifications like
PCI.  Those regulations / certifications are also a good starting
point for what information must be protected.

If you're trying to convince the organization to make changes or
implement new tech, I'd recommend focusing on the business
perspective.  e.g. "We don't want to be in the news because our
customer database was exposed.  Here's how I recommend we prevent that
from happening."

  -- Paul Beltrani