[BBLISA] Most common (or Most important) privacy leaks

Pete Orrall pete at cs1x.com
Tue Feb 17 10:01:05 EST 2015

> As an IT person advising a business to be more responsible, what areas do
> you advocate securing most urgently?  IT admin credentials?  HR records?
> Financial records?  Other stuff?  Simply everything, bar none?

Ideally everything. However, securing really sensitive stuff (HR and
medical records) should be at the top, no doubt.

> Email is obviously a huge area of insecure information sharing.  Do you also
> see a lot of people storing information that should be secured in other
> non-private services like Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, etc?

Encrypted email is important but I'm still surprised to see so many
people (individuals and businesses), quite frankly, clueless about
security.  Maybe I'm mistaken, but before anyone begins to improve
their organization's security processes, people need to be educated
and on the same page.

--
Pete Orrall
pete at cs1x.com