[BBLISA] What does SharePoint break for non windows users?

Evan Pettrey jepettrey at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 10:03:36 EDT 2015

On Mon, Aug 31, 2015 at 9:52 AM, Aaron Macks <upelluri at gmail.com> wrote:

> I can't speak to Sharepoint, but from the base o365, these are the Mac
> issues I have seen:
> * Exchange/outlook - Works fine with Apple Mail.app, iCal and Address
> Book.  There are some slight oddities about looking up resources in
> iCal, but that may be specific to our AD tree
> * Skype for Business (formerly Lync) - Horrible.  The client is trash,
> both unstable and unpleasant to use.  There seem to be some serious
> flaws in the underlying protocol, we often get "oops message was not
> delivered" several hours after message seemed to have been sent

Agreed. Their Mac client is crap. I know a better client is their top
feature request via their uservoice website but I don't know how much
priority is being given to this:
https://office365.uservoice.com/forums/273497-skype-for-business

> * OneDrive for Business - this is NOT their usual dropbox-clone, but
> essentially a pre-configured sharepoint site.  Not at all useful for
> moving files around since there's no non-windows client support

They released a beta version of OneDrive for Business on Mac several months
back that we've been using quite successfully:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=45519

Agree that it's not the same client as their consumer version (it is
backended to Sharepoint) but this is not something unique to Mac, it is
like that on all platforms.