[BBLISA] Storage resale/disposal

Arthur Gaer gaer at math.harvard.edu
Thu Apr 30 14:55:31 EDT 2015

Zerowait

http://www.zerowait.com

And Berkeley Communications

http://www.berkcom.com

Both sell used NetApp equipment and repair services--so I assume they buy used equipment as well.

Last time I checked--years ago--they'd only pay pennies on the dollar.  But I guess that's better than zero on the dollar.

If you find someone/s who'll give you a half decent price, I'd love to hear it, as I have some NetApp equipment I'd love to dispose of as well.

If your NetApps and the disks are still functional, NetApp does have a disk sanitize command that's supposed to be good enough for DoD's satisfaction.  I've never tried it or particularly evaluated it:

https://library.netapp.com/ecmdocs/ECMP1196912/html/GUID-BE1AF56B-40DD-4C42-99D6-76EEC9225DC5.html

https://kb.netapp.com/support/index?page=content&id=1013654

--
Arthur Gaer