[BBLISA] business class ISP recommendations

Jon Young jon at network-plumbers.com
Fri May 16 10:45:23 EDT 2014

FWIW, I installed comcast's metro ethernet product at my office in Concord
and I have to say that I've been very impressed.  The product is and
support/management is entirely separate from the cable modem
(business/residential) group.  Cost is more on par with a typical business
class ethernet circuit.  I pay $2k/month (about a year ago) for a 50Mb
(sync) metro ethernet service at my office that has been as reliable as any
other office circuit I've bought over the years and was price competitive
with the various other options considering the cost to build out
connectivity to that office space.

I agree with the various other comments about if true business class
service is what you need.  BTW, I don't consider comcast/rcn business to
really be business class service but that is very much a matter of
semantics and business needs.

Hope this helps.
Jon