[BBLISA] Odd Latency issues over VPN

John Stoffel john at stoffel.org
Sun Jan 26 08:06:09 EST 2014

Nick,

Just for hahas, have you checked the OS versions of both the SRX and
the ASA to make sure they're upto date?  Can you post more information
on the config setup on them to link them together?

I guess what I'd also do is reset the SRX and ASA back to defaults so
as to make sure all the settings and rules I applied were correct and
what I wanted.

Heck, I'd probably also pull and replace all the cable(s) between
those two as well, juts in case it's a flaky cable or GBIC that's
holding things back.

Looking at the Juniper site, alot of the low end SRXs only have 10/100
ports, could that be an issue here?  I don't remember if you said
which model you have installed.

So... if you go over VPN past the SRX without touching it all, then
performance is nice and fast?  Are you sure the SRX doesn't have
packet inspection turned on or something like that?  Simplify the
config down to the bare minimum and keep trying.

And then share with us the solution, even if it's an "oops, I didn't
know that was turned on/off/sideways..." type.  *grin*

Good luck!
John