[BBLISA] Odd Latency issues over VPN

Bob Webber webber at panix.com
Fri Jan 24 18:45:00 EST 2014

On Jan 24, 2014, at 6:02 PM, Nick Cammorato <nick.cammorato at gmail.com> wrote:

> It's 1500 on both sides of the p2p between the SRX and the ASA.  Wouldn't I see fragmentation if it was an MTU problem?

I had that a little wrong, but if you were setting the don’t fragment bit in your IP header for MTU discovery, you wouldn’t see fragments. But I was wrong anyway: as it turns out, Juniper advises on TCP-MSS value, not MTU.

The document linked slow appears to have some more troubleshooting information, but I called this out in a spirit of crossing every eye and dotting every tee.

<http://kb.juniper.net/library/CUSTOMERSERVICE/technotes/3500176-EN.PDF>