[BBLISA] Network-based backup in the Boston metro area?

Charles Homan bblisa at homan.org
Tue May 28 17:15:02 EDT 2013

Hi all,

There are those in my company who want to move to a network-centric backup
plan, as opposed to offsite tapes.  I'm not 100% sold on the idea, because
when I run the numbers it looks like it would take weeks to restore, say,
10 TB of data if we have to download it on our existing network links.  The
price of the bandwidth to get that to a couple days looks exorbitant.

What I'm wondering is if there is a facility in the Boston area that can
accept our backups online, but then return them to us on physical media in
the event of a (major) failure?  Does anyone know of a company that
provides such a service?

Thanks,
Charles