[BBLISA] sender-specific addresses

Edward Ned Harvey (bblisa4) bblisa4 at nedharvey.com
Fri May 24 09:06:37 EDT 2013

> From: bblisa-bounces at bblisa.org [mailto:bblisa-bounces at bblisa.org] On
> Behalf Of Tom Metro
>
> Edward Ned Harvey wrote:
> > I use office365.  The standard user would just login to the admin
> > interface, and add a new alias to their account.  I scripted mine to
> > run through powershell instead.  So it's both very user friendly, and
> > very automatable for geeks who care.  I could be mistaken, but I
> > think the same thing is possible on google apps; albeit, differently
> > implemented.
>
> Are you "screen scraping"?

Not sure what you mean by that, but if it's anything like this:
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/securitytipstalk/archive/2010/04/07/what-is-screen-scraping.aspx
then the answer is no.    ;-)

> There is no API, that I'm aware of, for creating an alias in Google
> Apps, unless it is something that's part of their account migration

I've never dug into the google API, but it exists.  I don't know if its capabilities cover anything like this.  I am told that basically everything you do to admin your domain, can be scripted.

This is the only link that I know:
https://developers.google.com/google-apps/admin-apis

It might or might not shed any illumination.

But as you said, if there's a 30 alias limit per user account, that's the *real* obstacle.  With or without API, that's fatal for anyone who cares about this.