[BBLISA] sender-specific addresses

Edward Ned Harvey (bblisa4) bblisa4 at nedharvey.com
Tue May 21 20:25:39 EDT 2013

> From: bblisa-bounces at bblisa.org [mailto:bblisa-bounces at bblisa.org] On
> Behalf Of Tom Metro
>
> If you could get a provider that will use a more universally accepted
> extension separator character, and provide a bit of UI for managing your
> extensions, it could be quite user friendly.

I use office365.  The standard user would just login to the admin interface, and add a new alias to their account.  I scripted mine to run through powershell instead.  So it's both very user friendly, and very automatable for geeks who care.  I could be mistaken, but I think the same thing is possible on google apps; albeit, differently implemented.

> > I wrote an app for my phone, whereby I launch the app, and it will
> > either randomly generate a new alias (proxy address) for me, or I can
> > manually specify one. And the new address is active within approx 30
> > seconds.
>
> Nice.

Heh.  The phone app is actually to send a remote signal to a windows VM which is running python & powershell.