[BBLISA] Corporate e-waste recycling options

John Stoffel john at stoffel.org
Sun Jun 30 17:44:36 EDT 2013

Kathryn> The recent discussion about recycling options for the
Kathryn> individual has been interesting, but I have a commercial
Kathryn> recycling problem I'm looking to solve.

Kathryn> I've just taken over a a junior LAN admin, and one of the
Kathryn> problems my predecessor left behind was a mound of old
Kathryn> equipment (8-10 desktops, more than a dozen laptops, probably
Kathryn> 5-6 servers, a dozen or so printers/all-in-one type units,
Kathryn> and several large boxes of parts like dead keyboards, hard
Kathryn> drive, etc.).  I need to find someone who will take this
Kathryn> stuff and recycle it responsibly, with a paper trail for us.

Kathryn> I'm pretty sure nothing in the pile is worth anything except
Kathryn> maybe as parts. The newest computers are more than 5 years
Kathryn> old (Dell Latitude D610s, Optixplex D260s, etc.) We'd like to
Kathryn> find a solution that gives us a paper trail documenting that
Kathryn> it will be recycles appropriately, and doesn't cost us
Kathryn> money. We're in Concord, NH. Any suggestions?

The email is at $WORK, and I'm still on vacation, so it might have to
wait until monday, but try 'User Friendly Recycling' in google.  It's
something like that.  They come to the office for a $FEE and pickup
damn near anything.  We also have twice yearly events when any one in
the office park can drop off stuff (in Marlborough) though some things
like big monitors cost $$ for them to take.

More monday if I get a chance.

John