[BBLISA] Corporate e-waste recycling options

Kathryn Smith aishabintjamil at gmail.com
Sun Jun 30 15:28:19 EDT 2013

The recent discussion about recycling options for the individual has been
interesting, but I have a commercial recycling problem I'm looking to
solve.

I've just taken over a a junior LAN admin, and one of the problems my
predecessor left behind was a mound of old equipment (8-10 desktops, more
than a dozen laptops, probably 5-6 servers,  a dozen or so
printers/all-in-one type units,  and several large boxes of parts like dead
keyboards, hard drive, etc.).  I need to find someone who will take this
stuff and recycle it responsibly, with a paper trail for us.

I'm pretty sure nothing in the pile is worth anything except maybe as
parts. The newest computers are more than 5 years old (Dell Latitude D610s,
Optixplex D260s, etc.) We'd like to find a solution that gives us a paper
trail documenting that it will be recycles appropriately, and doesn't cost
us money. We're in Concord, NH. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Kathryn