[BBLISA] Where to dispose of UPS batteries

Tom Metro tmetro+bblisa at gmail.com
Fri Jun 28 20:33:15 EDT 2013

Jon Young wrote:
> I have a large stash of dead UPS batteries from my collection of
> leftover UPS's... various cells from 1500VA-3000VA...
> Does anyone know of anywhere locally that takes old
> batteries for recycling/safe disposal?

Large UPS batteries are the same and/or indistinguishable to a store
clerk from motorcycle batteries, so auto parts stores are a possibility.

For a while VIP Auto Parts ran a promotion where they would actually
give you a $10 credit for any lead acid battery, including SLAs used in
motorcycles and lawn tractors.

I did attempt to take them up on the offer with a few UPS batteries, but
the promotion had ended, however they did accept them without charge.

One of the regional battery wholesalers/retailers might accept batteries
for recycling. Worth a call:

http://www.americanbatterycompany.com/ (Boston)
Atlantic Battery  (Watertown)

 -Tom