[BBLISA] Looking for disk destruction in metro Boston/Manchester NH area.

Scott Ehrlich srehrlich at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 22:59:53 EST 2013

On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 10:50 PM, John Stoffel <john at stoffel.org> wrote:

> John> I have about 20 or so disks that I am unable to sanitize for
> John> recycing so I need to have them destroyed, ground, pulverized
> John> etc.
>
> John> Does anybody have any recommendations for companies that do this
> John> in the metro Boston or Manchester NH area?
>
> Why don't you just drill a couple of holes in them?  Get some nice new
> bits, about 1/4" and a drill press and you're in business. No one is
> going to read data off them after that.
>
> John

You can also unscrew the bolt that holds the platters in-place.   As
soon as the platters are off-center, forget about ever recovering the
data.

Perform a youtube (video.google.com) search for superflyflippinga

That is the username of Scott Moulton, a data recovery expert who has
produced a series of 10 minute videos on everything you ever wanted to
know about SSD and spinning hard drive technologies.

Scott